Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Dangerous Song

I cannot write, write to praise the mantle holder
I cannot write, write to create false hopes
I will not create a poem to raise a sad song
A song that was not sung by any poet
A sad song that could only be read in secret
A song that was censored in grubby dungeons
A song whose lyrics were never known
A song that was not published or condemned
It was only built in rumbling dark prison walls
Such a song I will resurrect towards the end
I will place its disturbing images on his face
Such a song needs the support of everyone
Everyone including those that have no voice
It is a song that can be sung in murmurs
It can even be recited in signs, in silent cries
Just this wacky song alone, this wicked poem
No one will be able to use it to praise the tyrant
It will be sung to rebuke him, to chastise him
This song is dating to the beginning of freedom
It was barred by your enemy, your worst enemy
It was loved by a few, a few who shed their blood
It carries their blood, that crimson blood
To your age so you can smell the flesh blood
It has carried the message to this generation
But you hate its content, its disturbing words
It’s not a song to be sung in this peaceful age
This age of hope, this age that desires its enemy
I cannot sing any other song, only this rude one
This snag must be ruined by an observant listener
I will sing only one trustworthy song
One song bearing only the truth even if painful
I will not sing that song that they all sing
I will not be their cheerleader, their leading vocalist
I will reject their changed freedom song
An innocent song whose lyrics have been changed
That song alone I will not be bribed to sing

No comments:

New data offers hope on HIV treatment

New data which a London-based pharma company, ViiV Healthcare, and a Geneva-based non-governmental organisation, Medicines Patent Pool (MPP)...