Friday, October 02, 2009

POEM - I WILL CARRY ON

I WILL MARRY YOU (THIS POEM WAS PUBLISHED IN THE MALAWI NEWS) By Ananiya Alick Ponje I will carry on and marry you So wipe those tears That are prickling your eyes Let the wind carry their words For we are living in different worlds Love is truly understood when We struggle to love for love And not for fame or wealth We tie the knot for sickness or health. If God made you with one hand Love me you with that brand Disabled though you are I love you And I don’t take myself as a fool You I will take and marry For you are the only one I can carry Through this involving life journey Droop not your head Because of comments people have made Let your eyes only look ahead To a future together we have to make For love is between you and me Others may wish to see How together we will live Because they still cant believe That disability is never inability That true love lacks fragility.

No comments:

New data offers hope on HIV treatment

New data which a London-based pharma company, ViiV Healthcare, and a Geneva-based non-governmental organisation, Medicines Patent Pool (MPP)...