Tuesday, June 16, 2009

POEM - I WILL NOT WAIT

I WILL NOT WAIT ANANIYA ALICK PONJE I will not wait for his breath to resignSo that I can curse the activities of his officeHe has to discern the lot before he goes to sleepHe has to be told everything while his eyes are wide open And his expansive ears are perfectly pricked.I will divulge the precision in written terms, songs and chants.So my voice will live onEven after his breath has resignedI can’t wait for him to begin to breathe haltinglyI am safe and sound because I tell the truth Before his breath has resignedI will not look at the setting sunAnd wait for darkness to completely shroud the universeSo that I can enlighten everyone about his hostile managementNo! I will not do thatI will depict his inequities in hours of daylightExclusive of fear of reprisalBecause word dies not in any creationThat is why I will expose his shortfallsSo that he may be an education to othersWho will vie for the position after his breath has resignedI will leave no stone unturnedWhen undressing his veiled activitiesI will amass all the literature and put it on paperAnd I will not ask for his observation or estimationI will not look at his shriveled faceSo that I may be filled with empathyI will revolve my eyes awayAs my pencil will be exploring the departed daysWhen he subjugated me and othersThen I will have no time to stare at his goodiesI will only publish his vicesWhen his breath is still entireAnd I will not wait for his breath to resign.

No comments:

New data offers hope on HIV treatment

New data which a London-based pharma company, ViiV Healthcare, and a Geneva-based non-governmental organisation, Medicines Patent Pool (MPP)...